Thursday, October 30, 2008

Scourge Invasion

By now everyone has lived through the Zombie portion of the Scourge Invasion and lived to tell the tale, so here goes mine.

Zombies, 10 minutes to find a healer, no problem, leave the Goldshire, ride up to the healer at the front of Stormwind. Next day, 5 minutes, ok no problem, 2 minutes, um heal, 1 minute, face the fact that you will become a zombie. It was taking my pally partner 3 or more dispels to remove the disease at that point.

On our server, Hydraxis, where we re rolled prior to the Burning Crusade launch, by the last day, the zombie pack was holed up in the mage tower. They were making claims of a world boss in Stormwind, trying to get people to port in from Shatt. Where of course they would promptly be attacked by 25-50 zombies, it was pretty crazy. I was one of the folks assaulting the tower from within Stormwind, it started to feel like Dawn of the Dead, you just keep shooting until you get turned.

New old rep to grind, welcome back to going from revered to exalted with the Argent Dawn. The last few nights have been filled with fighting undead in Winterspring and Tanaris, for the most part. Collecting necrotic runes, I have purchased the tabard, shoulders and gloves for both my Hunter and Shaman. Waiting for some mail to drop off the elites. The Silver rare spawns we are getting a 100% drop of an epic piece 3/3, the gold elites only maybe about 3/15 or so. We cannot two man them, but we usually find a helper to tank for us, last night a crazy druid while I healed.

Both my hunter and shaman began this grind being just ticked into revered, so I will have to see how close to exalted I can get before the invasion ends. Luckily the necropolis mobs drop scourgestones, which can add up quick so making some progress, but not as much as I would like.

Trick or treating has taken a back seat, but I got the sqaushling / hood achievement on my hunter, shammy got the squashling, so still a chance on her as well. Lots of masks for belfs and Draenei showing up now, there was a rumor they were not in the game, maybe hot fixed in the other day. I will need to spend the next couple nights trying to finish a few more Hallow's End achievements on my mains.

Blizzard is doing a great job of keeping everyone busy in these last few weeks leading up to Wrath. I have found my energy renewed and am logging a lot of time right now.

No comments: