Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pre WoTLK

As the week prior to release of WoTLK wore on and the Scourge Invasion began to fade, my last minute preperations changed drastically. Friday night prior to release we called into Kara for a run at the bottom half and a chance to kill Tenris Murkblood. Better late than never!

This was a pug a friend put together with different people she has instanced with before. I would not call it a Guild run with a few adds, more like a pug of four different small guilds, but most people had not played with one another. Though I had never been in Kara before, I was familiar with most of the fights having read and listened to many accounts and walk throughs of the instance.

The Attunement / Midnight fight went pretty well, a few people died, but we got them down on the first attempt. We moved onto to Tenris and the wiping commenced. Our raid leaders did not make it clear, perhaps they were not that aware of how his exploding blooddrops worked, but it was causing me a lot of problems. It was not until I quickly looked up the fight and began running in front of the tank that we were finally finding some success. After we had wiped on Tenris a few times we headed over to Maiden and took her down.

Before we quit for the evening, we went one last time after Tenris which is when we finally defeated him. The Arcanite Ripper dropped and the raid leader wanted only those that could use the axe to roll on it, myself, my gf's pally and another hunter. She rolled first with a whopping 34, I followed with my usual suckiness in rolls with a 32. At that point we assumed the other hunter would win, but he pulled up a 20 amazingly enough. After a long negotiation, I ended up with the Ripper, and it is wonderful.

The next day we headed back in for a few hours, we downed Moroes, wiped a lot but finally completed the Opera event of Romulo and Julianne, but had to leave after the first wipe on Curator. Still it was nice to see it pretty level 80 and get some decent time in there, and some soon to be useless badges of justice.

Sunday I got called into Heroic Underbog, Heroic Slave Pens and got to run through regular Magister's Terrace. Though no loot was to be found for me, the tank and I were the only ones left standing in MT. This was some slight compensation for me, since I was then removed from the group for someone else, and my BC instance weekend came to a bittersweet end.

Also finally got my epic Undeadslaying chest piece Monday night from the Scourge Ziggers. At least I got the set on one of my toons, never did get it on my shaman.

No comments: